This request is made pursuant to the California Public Records Act for a copy of the following records and documents:
1. All versions of the draft Oakland City Council tobacco ordinance amending Oakland Municipal Code Chapter 5.91 to: (1) prohibit the sale of flavored tobacco products; (2) require the posting of the full retail price of tobacco products; (3) prohibit the redemption of tobacco discounts coupons; and (4) make administrative changes for the licensure of tobacco retailers (referred to as the “Oakland Ordinance”).
2. All notices of meetings, agendas, and minutes of the Rules and Legislation Committee meetings held on November 17, 2016, January 12, 2017, February 2, 2017, and April 13, 2017 regarding the Oakland Ordinance.
3. All Oakland city staff reports regarding the Oakland Ordinance provided to the Oakland City Council or to any committee of the Oakland City Council.
4. All memos, reports, documents, notes, correspondence, and e-mails regarding the Oakland Ordinance drafted, received, or sent by and/or between Oakland city staff, Oakland City Council members, the Alameda County Board of Supervisors, the Alameda County Public Health Department, the Alameda County Department of Health Service (Tobacco Prevention Program), ChangeLab Solutions, the African American Tobacco Control Leadership Council, Americans for Non-Smokers Rights, American Heart Association, American Lung Association, American Cancer Society Cancer Action Network, and the UCSF Center for Tobacco Control Research and Education.
5. All reports on local tobacco retail compliance checks conducted on Oakland, California retailers that are licensed to sell tobacco products by the City of Oakland, the Oakland Police Department, or other organization or agency conducting such tobacco retail compliance checks on behalf of the City of Oakland during 2015 and 2016.