Email received on Nov. 13, 2013. The requestor's email address has been entered, so he will be receiving notifications via this system. See excerpt of email below:
Date: November 13, 2013 at 1:11:14 PM PST
Cc: , , , "Schaaf, Libby" ,
Subject: Request for Public Record
Dear Mr. Mitchell and Mr. Donnelly:
Pursuant to my rights under the California Public Records Act (Government Code Section 6250 et seq.), I ask that you produce the following documentation. For the purposes of this request, “DOCUMENTS” shall mean all items encompassed within California Evidence Code Section 250, and shall include, without limitation, all handwritten, printed, graphic, typed, electronically recorded, sound-recorded, or computer readable materials.
1. Attached to this e-mail is a copy of the “City of Oakland Seniority Report for Port as of 7-21-08, Civil Engineer.” According to Section 9.02 of the Port Personnel Manual, it is based on communication between the Port and City. Please produce any and all DOCUMENTS regarding or reflecting this report.
2. According to Section 9.02 of the Port Personnel Manual, the Port is to render a written report to the City of employees laid off and the reason for the layoff. Please produce this report for all Port Associate Civil Engineers laid off in 2008. Please also produce any and all DOCUMENTS regarding or reflecting that report.
3. Please produce any and all DOCUMENTS regarding, listing and reflecting non-permanent Port Associate Civil Engineers, (including, but not limited to, temporary and contracted Port Associate Civil Engineers) since 2007.
4. Attached to this e-mail is a copy of “Port Associate Civil Engineer (Civil Word) Seniority List as of 10/2/12.” Please produce any and all DOCUMENTS regarding or reflecting this list.
5. Attached to this e-mail is a March 9, 2012, memo from the Port to the City listing the Port Associate Civil Engineers at that time. Please produce any and all DOCUMENTS regarding and reflecting this list.
I ask for a determination on this request within 10 days of your receipt of the request.
If you determine that any or all of the information qualifies for an exemption from disclosure, please include in your written reply a statement as to whether, as is normally the case under the Act, the claim of an exemption is discretionary, and, if so, why it is necessary in this case to exercise the discretion to withhold the information.
If you determine that some, but not all, of the information is exempt from disclosure and that you intend to withhold it, please redact it for the time being and make the rest available as requested.
In any event, please provide a signed notification citing the legal authorities on which you rely if you determine that any or all of the information is exempt and will not be disclosed.
If I can provide any clarification that will help expedite your attention to my request, please e-mail me. Please notify me of any duplication costs.
Please notify me when the documents are ready.