request for access to materials in the possession of the city of Oakland for the purpose of inspection and copying pursuant to my rights under the California Public Records Act, section 6250 of the Government Code, and Senate Bill (SB) 1421. The information I want to inspect and copy is described as follows:
- All investigation reports and findings regarding the officers and incidents listed below, including but not limited to:
- All reports, recordings and transcripts compiled for the District Attorney’s Office and Police Commission regarding the use-of-force incident
- Any documents regarding a finding by the Police Department and recommendations to the Police Commission and District Attorney’s Office
- Any disciplinary records related to the incident and officer(s) releasable by SB1421
- The officer-involved shooting death of Bernard Peters, date of incident 5/29/2013
- The officer-involved shooting death of Demouria Hogg, date of incident 6/6/2015, Officers involved: Nicole Rhodes, Sgt. Wilson Lau, Officer Daniel Cornejo-Valdivia
- The officer-involved shooting death of Antonio Clements, date of incident 8/3/2015, officers involved: Abdullah Dadgar and Sophia Coysh
- The officer-involved shooting death of Nathaniel Wilks, date of incident 8/12/2015, officers involved: Jonathan Muniz, Jesse Lawless, John Shackford.
- The officer-involved shooting death of Yonas Amare Alehegne, date of incident 8/27/2015, officer involved: Jennifer Farrell
- The officer-involved shooting death of Richard Hester Perkins, date of incident 11/15/2015, officers involved: Joe Turner, Jonathan Cairo, Joshua Barnard, Allahno Hughes
- The officer-involved shooting death of Jesse Enjaian, date of incident 2/17/2017,
- The officer-involved shooting death of Joshua Pawlik, date of incident 3/11/2018, officers involved: Francisco Negrete, William Berger, Brandon Hraiz, Craig Tanaka
- The police the use-of-force death of Hernan Jaramillo, date of incident: 7/8/2013
- The police use-of-force death of Marcelous Toney, date of incident: 9/28/2017
This request reasonably describes an identifiable record, and I believe there exists no express provision of law exempting such records from disclosure. Therefore, pursuant to state Government Code section 6257, I ask that you make the record "immediately available'' in electronic format or based on my payment of fees covering direct cost of duplication.
To the extent that a portion of the information I have requested is not immediately available, I request that whatever documentation is immediately available be turned over first.
To the extent that a portion of the information I have requested is exempt by express provision of law, the state Government Code section 6257 additionally requires that such material be redacted in order that the remainder of the information may be provided to satisfy my request.
In any case, if you determine that an express provision of law exists to exempt from disclosure all or a portion of the material I have requested, Government Code section 6256 requires a determination and notification to me of the reasons therefore no later than 10 days from your receipt of this request. Government Code Section 6256.2 prohibits the use of the 10-day period, or any other provision of the Public Records Act, ""to delay access for purposes of inspecting public records.''