Pursuant to the California Public Records Act, Government Code § 6250 et seq. and Oakland Ordinance No. 12483 (Sunshine Ordinance), I am writing to request copies of documents, including After Action Reports and call-out logs, that contain information on Oakland Police Department deployments of armored personnel carriers, including the Bearcat, since January 1, 2016, which information includes:
* date of deployment;
* location of deployment;
* number of personnel deployed;
* reason for deployment;
* whether any injuries or death to persons or animals occurred during the deployment;
* if so, the nature and cause of injury or death;
* number of OPD personnel participating in the deployment;
* whether and how many arrests were made and on what charges;
* demographic information (race, age, gender) about persons with whom OPD pesonnel interacted;
* names of other agencies involved in the deployment, if any.
When possible, please provide the information electronically.
If you determine that any or all or the information is exempt from disclosure, I request that: (1) you exercise your discretion to disclose some or all of the records notwithstanding the exemption; and (2) that, with respect to records containing both exempt and non-exempt content, you redact the exempt content and disclose the rest.
Finally, should part or all of this request be denied, please provide a written response describing the legal authority or authorities on which the denial is based.
The information provided as part of this request will not be used for commercial purposes.