We are creating one as we speak per request from Council. We are currently incorporating interventions such as additional blankets, warming gloves, clothing of various kinds, hand warmers, leg warmers, and looking into the feasibility/safety of using warming blankets, , however, we will work off of common standardized inclement weather triggers for the protocol itself which is:
- The temperature is forecast to fall below 40 degrees (39 or lower) the inclement weather protocols will be implemented (40 on the nose means not open).
- When significant rain is forecast – defined as a greater than 50% chance of showers – the inclement weather protocols will be implemented.
- If the temperature is expected fall below 39 degrees any time before 5am the inclement weather protocols will be implemented.
- If a greater than 50% chance of rain is expected any time before 5am the inclement weather protocols will be implemented.
- On Fridays, the decision to operationalize the inclement weather protocols on the weekend nights (Saturday and Sunday) will be determined and notifications will be made by 4pm on Friday.
--provisions of shower, with dedicated days for each encampment, frequency
They are currently operating at the following sites one day per week:
- Northgate community cabins
- lake Merritt community cabins
- Miller community cabins
- 5th and Webster Way; near our portapottie site in jack London area
--provision of porta-potty by self-identified gender, or non-gender:
This decision has been site specific as requested/agreed by each community. For example, at Miller Community Cabins there is no such designation, but at Lake Merritt there is. Each site has one unit dedicated to staff.