Pursuant to my rights under the California Public Records Act (Government Code Section 6250 et seq.), I ask to obtain a copy of the following, which I understand to be held by your agency:
All emails, letters, notes, memos, records of phone calls, text messages, or other records documenting communication between:
1) Councilmember Dan Kalb and Leah Simon-Weisberg
2) Councilmember Noel Gallo and Leah Simon-Weisberg
3) Councilmember Noel Gallo and Councilmember Dan Kalb
4) Leah Simon-Weisberg and Centro Legal de la Raza
5) Councilmember Dan Kalb and Centro Legal de la Raza
6) Councilmember Noel Gallo and Centro Legal de la Raza
7) Records of any kind related to Centro Legal de la Raza or any of its representatives, employees, contractors or advisors
Please limit your search to records produced from January 1, 2017 to present, July 6, 2018
I also request records of:
1. All funding received by Centro Legal de la Raza from the City of Oakland from January 1, 2013 to present, July 6, 2018
I ask for a determination on this request within 10 days of your receipt of it, and an even prompter reply if you can make that determination without having to review the record[s] in question.
If you determine that any or all or the information qualifies for an exemption from disclosure, I ask you to note whether, as is normally the case under the Act, the exemption is discretionary, and if so whether it is necessary in this case to exercise your discretion to withhold the information. If you determine that some but not all of the information is exempt from disclosure and that you intend to withhold it, I ask that you redact it for the time being and make the rest available as requested.
In any event, please provide a signed notification citing the legal authorities on which you rely if you determine that any or all of the information is exempt and will not be disclosed.